So this week had a few things going on. Mainly as COVID-19 grips the united states, things have been more than a little crazy.
So down to business…
- Accelerate modernization with new migration services in Azure Government : Pretty cool to see new opportunities to handle migrations in azure government.
- Azure Cosmos DB Free Tier and Autopilot : Pretty awesome to see a free tier, for as much as I loved the emulator, it wasn’t the same as developing against Cosmos properly.
- Azure Government continues to expand FedRAMP High coverage : Always good to see this coverage expand.
- Bot Framework – Building awesome experiences in Microsoft Teams (Part 1 of 3) : I’ve been doing some work recently with bot framework, and I have to admit the bot interface has grown on me recently.
- Empowering the next generation through the Hidden Genius Project : Really interesting to see how Microsoft is trying to empower the next generation of world changers.
- Ethics of AI in 2020 Panel from NDC London : Fascinating podcast and discussion on the ethical AI and the implications.
- Love in a time of Corona Virus – Tips, Tricks and Best Practices for Working Remotely : Great article on working from home for anyone now doing it.
Ok, so I have to admit there has been a lot of stuff going on and a lot to look at. Right now I’ve been really enjoying the John Hickman run on X-Men. Now full transparency, I have never liked X-men, I don’t like the movies, I don’t like the shows, I don’t like the comics. For me it feels like there is only ever one story, “I have powers and people hate me.” But Hickman did the impossible and gave it an interesting spin.