So I know I’m a little late this week, but here they are. I was away at a conference in sunny Las Vegas for the week, and it was quite the week.
But anyway down the business:
- Cascadia Code is live: Normally don’t care about a font, but this is pretty cool because of its support of ligatures. Makes code much easier to read which is pretty awesome.
- .NET Conf: Really cool virtual conference with more materials and announcements. Next week should have a lot of new annoucements.
- The Marco Polo network uses Azure and Corda block chain to modernize trade financing: Really interesting architect on block chain and trade financing. Not an industry I usually do work in but an interesting read.
- HDInsight Support for Azure CLI: Really awesome how this works, and have always been a fan of CLI over portal, and happy to see this for more automation support.
- Announcing Azure Private Link: Really awesome new offering with azure to enable removing the public endpoint for hybrid solutions.
- Announcing user delegation SAS tokens preview for Azure Storage Blobs: SAS tokens have always been the preferred option for accessing blob storage, but excited to see the next evolution of this with user delegation to control access to blobs.
Audio / Video:
- Empathy vs Sympathy in Software: Seems to be a major trend, and one that I believe in heavily, to have more empathy and consideration in the software tools we build to make the world a better place.
- How to use PowerShell in Azure Data Studio: Really interesting to see the evolution of this tool and how it can be used. OSS IDEs are some of the best IDEs.
- How to use Jupyter Notebook and Apache Spark in Azure Cosmos DB: Really cool to see how to leverage Spark workloads this way. .
As always to live up to our name, here’s a nerd topic for the links. I’m a big batman fan, always have been. I’m pretty sure my kids knew who Batman was long before they knew Big Bird. With that I’ve been enjoying the current comic run, with Tom King as the writer, and it is coming to an end and they announced the new writer, James Tynion IV, who is a great writer who wrote Batman Eternal, so I’ve very excited. To read more, look here.